A computer scientist with a creative mindset. Enjoys solving complex challenges with simple solutions. Has a nose for security and an appetite for performance. Works towards a better world for everyone.
Full stack developer for Dodona, a Ruby on Rails application to teach programming. Currently researching code similarity detection.
Cybersecurity enthousiast. Winner of the Cyber Security Challenge Belgium 2019 and part of the national team in the European Cyber Security Challenge 2018 (London).
Researcher for my masters dissertation on Unipept. Optimizing the metagenomics analysis pipeline written in Rust.
Software developer as an intern at Comsof, a fiber network design company. Optimized the Java software responsible for optimal pole pacement.
- Teaching assistant as a student job.
- 2018 Java course for first-year students.
- 2017 Python course for first-year students.
- Systems administrator and board member of the student hacker space Zeus WPI, with a passion for open source software.
Ruby on Rails, Java Spring, Flask, Rocket, TensorFlow
Unix, Git, MySQL, LaTeX, Ansible, NGINX, Postfix
- Computer Science at Ghent University
- MSc. 2017 - 2019 (cum laude)
- BSc. 2014 - 2017 (cum laude)
- Discovering and learning new technologies.
- Solving puzzles, CTF's and programming competitions.
- Tinkering with Unix systems: servers, laptops …
- Performing theatre and improv comedy.